- Virtual Assistants are normal people. They aren’t super human. They aren’t robots. They have lives just like we do. They celebrate their own holidays just like we do. They need time to adjust to your way of doing things. Remember that they’re only human, and expect them to make some mistakes in the beginning. Be patient and communicate with your virtual assistant, and you’ll build a relationship that will last a long time.
- Learning the Real Estate Business isn’t simple. Try to remember how it was for you once you got started in the business. Was it overwhelming? Yes, it was. Now imagine trying to jump right in the middle of things, and be expected to handle administrative tasks and get things done without having any knowledge. When you hire a virtual assistant, provide them with some information on the type of business that you’re in, what your business model is, and what type of work he/she will be doing.
- A $5.00 (USD) hourly wage is good income in the Philippines. When you hire a virtual assistant in the Philippines, don’t feel bad for paying your Philippine Virtual Assistant $4.00 – $7.00 per hour. The cost of living is much different there, and $5.00 (USD) goes a long way. If you’re planning on hiring a U.S. assistant, then you can expect to pay $15 – $20 for decent help.
- What is a Virtual Assistant and What Do They Do? Your Real Estate Virtual Assistant can do anything that can be done from a computer. They can also do the tasks as well as you can, given enough time and training.
- When you hire a virtual assistant, you MUST be patient and willing to train your new real estate virtual assistant. Adding a virtual assistant to your team is one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. Understand that you’ll have to be patient and understanding while your new V.A. is learning the ropes. As with any new employee, they need guidance from you. Don’t be the dickhead that fires them over one or two mistakes. Instead, review your instructions and make sure that they’re written with clear and exact information. Most of the time, the problem isn’t them at all. It’s you.
- All of your training material should be in written and video format. This rule applies whether you hire a virtual assistant to handle one task for you, or to manage all of your admin tasks. They need written and video format instructions and tutorials. This is the BEST practice for anyone considering this. When you’re preparing the instructions, don’t have the “curse of knowledge”. Write each step of the process in full detailed instructions, so that your virtual assistant has a reference point. He/she will need something to refer to if they’re brand new. Also, if you have to replace your virtual assistant in the future, you’ll already have the training instructions available. Think of it as an employee training manual. Invest your time in creating this manual and thank me later.
- Show appreciation to your virtual assistant. If they’re doing a good job for you, give them a bonus. If you close a real estate transaction and make a profit, give them a bonus. Or give them a bonus just for putting up with you. $50 – $100 is a good sized bonus and it makes them feel like they’re appreciated and a valuable part of your team.
I hope you find these tips helpful when the time comes to hire a I don’t know what I’d do without mine. Maybe crumble to the ground, I don’t know. I’d certainly go a little crazy, drink a little too much, cry a few times during the day, and wish that I didn’t have to do everything that a real estate investor has to do to be successful.
Learn how to fully leverage your virtual assistant with this free download! Find out the top 5 tasks that your V.A. Can Do That Will Save You the Most Time and Make You the Most Money!
Property M.O.B.: Your Solution to Hire A Virtual Assistant for Real Estate Wholesaling
Property M.O.B. has a pool of virtual assistants available for your real estate wholesale business. These candidates have been completely vetted and trained. When you hire a virtual assistant for a real estate business, it can be some time before they are up to speed. Our virtual assistant agency candidates have received 70+ hours of training and can get started for you right away. Learn how you can close 200% more deals when you hire a virtual assistant from our dependable and efficient team. Property M.O.B. offers a community of users to help you with your real estate flipping business. Access this large group of other real estate wholesalers to answer common questions, learn new ideas, or even find tips for how to interview and hire a virtual assistant for your business. Or, if there is anything else that we can help you with, contact us today!