Listed below is the complete guide to marketing for real estate investors. You will find 63 ideas. Make it a goal to implement one new technique each week, until you‘ve tested every single one of these methods, and you can report back your testing and tracking results. The key to being a successful investor is CONSISTENCY.
The lead machine has to be turned on and cranking out lead generating techniques 100% of the time. This list will give you plenty of good, effective ideas for generating motivated seller leads, that will help you reach your goals of closing more deals and making more money as a real estate entrepreneur.
By the way, this list was shared by one of my members in The Mobsters Lounge (which is our Secret Facebook Group for Members only), and I tweaked it just a little bit so I could share it with you. This is just a tiny little taste of the valuable information that the mobsters talk about inside the Lounge.
If you want to be a part of the MOB, we’d love to have you! Become a MOBSTER today!
Here’s your list of 63 Inexpensive and Effective Marketing Ideas for Real Estate Investors!
Tired landlords a. List of eviction court attendants b. Mailers to Out of state landlords c. Mailers to Landlords who own more than one property with back taxes d. Mailers to Landlords who own tax delinquent multifamily properties e. Buy a “leads list” of landlords from: (www.realquest.com)
- Mailers to Property owners who acquired the property via Quit Claim Deed (These will usually appear in the public records as a $0 $100 Transaction. Check with your county records office to verify how these are recorded.
- Mailers to Properties that were owned by known investors who went out of business
- Mailers to out of state landlords/Owners of multifamily houses (Absentee Owners)
- Mailers to Tax delinquent homeowners (Get this list from the Tax Collector’s office)
- Place “We Buy houses” flyers/business cards at unemployment offices….a lot of people there could be having trouble with their homes and may need a solution
- Onepage Flyers posted on bulletin boards at large stores (Put pull tabs on the bottom so they can rip off your phone number).
- Mailers to Vacant land owners (only in specific areas where development is ideal)
- Using Craigslist to find sellers: a. Post ad that states, “We Buy houses” b. Send emails to craigslist ads with apartments for rent (the emails go to landlords who may be looking to sell, or buying more properties)
- Mailers to specific zip codes (preferably low income neighborhoods) asking if they want to sell or know someone who does
- Mailers to People getting divorced (this information can be found in the public records)
- Mailers to Divorce Attorneys who can refer clients to us
- Mailers/emails to FSBOs
- Send mailers to expired MLS Listings
- Post WE BUY HOUSES ad on www.Backpage.com
- Send mailers to properties purchased between 3k20k within last five years (owner might be wannabe flipper who did nothing with property)
- Send mailers to estate Executors/Administrators (a.k.a. Probate)
- Send mailers to Estate/Probate Attorneys (consider having my attorney send letter, business cards to Estate attorneys because attorneys always open mail from other attorneys)
- Bandit signs: We buy houses
- Big Baller marketing: TV, billboards, radio ads
- Send mailers to Out of state owner who have owned for more than x years (more than 30 years, so you know its free and clear meaning they will be more flexible with sales price)
- Send mailers to Building code violators (a.k.a. condemned properties or code violations)
- Send mailers to Health code violators
Send mailers to people facing foreclosure
- Purchase leads lists of folks who inherited homes
- Send mailers to people making double payments (bought a new house, REALLY want to sell old house)
- Target people who have been transferred (job) and must sell NOW
- Target people with medical problems / health issues who cannot keep their houses
- Target who own vacant homes
- Target people who are having financial chaos of any sort
- Target people who are 3060 day late on mortgage lists
- Send ads/ mailers/business cards to Credit Repair Agencies & Credit Counselors
- Target HUD/VA Foreclosures
- Send mailers to people arrested for violent crimes (going to prison for a long time)
- Send Mailers/ads/business cards to Realtors
- Send mailers to employees who have been laid off (ie “corporate downsizing” in the news)
- Networking with other investors at local meetings
- Locate list of section 8 approved properties—send mailers to the owners
- Post Newspaper classified ads: We Buys houses
- Send mailers to Properties with liens: Mechanics Liens, HOA Liens, Tax Liens
- Contact sales people at new home subdivisions (their clients will want to sell their OLD houses) (or place signs near new home subdivisions that say “Sell Your House Fast” with your phone number….they will want to sell their old house ASAP)
- Contact mortgage companies; they may know of people wanting to sell their old house/last house
- Hire bird dogs (sometimes even through craigslist “help wanted” ads)
- Send mailers to Bankruptcy court listings
- Send advertisements, business cards to Accountants and CPA Firms: They have clients with financial problems where an investor can be of help.
- Send ads, mailers, business cards to real estate attorneys
- Advertise using Apparel with Logos: Hats, TShirts, Golf Shirts
- Send to anyone getting their car repossessed: If the car is going the house isn’t far behind.
- Send ads, business cards to carpet cleaners: Many of their customers are preparing a house for sale.
- Consider sending mailers to charitable groups/churches: They frequently receive gifts of real estate, but they’d rather have the cash
- Send ads, business cards to City & County Inspectors: Code violations and red tags. (If you develop a reputation of buying distressed properties and improving them, you become an asset to them)
- Send ads to Large Employers (HR departments): Let them know you buy properties because if they need to transfer an employee, they don’t get stuck carrying the house.
- Place ads on boards at Nursing & Retirement Homes: Frequently residents need to sell a house.
- Consider placing Door Hangers on target properties
- Stick preprinted postit notes at target properties
- Create a website to Generate Seller Leads from (Run Google Ads/Facebook Ads )
- Send mailers to addresses having Garage Sales: Are they moving?
- Send mailers to Hair Salons/Barbers: A social hub! Lots of talking going on during haircuts
- Send mailers, ads, business cards to Insurance Brokers: Policy changes from owner occupant to landlord or vacant house coverage.
- Recruit Mail Carriers to notify you of vacant properties
- Send mailers to Owner of multiple properties (target them to offload portfolios)
- Post advertisement in PennySaver type papers: We Buy Houses
- Send mailers to Water, Gas, and electric company shut off lists
Remember, it’s all about being consistent. You have enough options to choose from here. Test a few, track a few, close a few deals, and measure your results.
Then implement and fire up the ones that perform the best! You can always get more lead generating ideas and become a Bad Ass Real Estate Investor by subscribing to the Property M.O.B.’s blog updates.
Want to know how to create high converting bandit signs? Check out this article that tells you how to pull in the most leads from bandit sign.